Perfect for a friends get-together, a bonus for your staff or a group of work colleagues.
Whatever the occasion, image/style workshops are a practical and fun way to learn what styles and colours suit you.
You’ll also learn how to dress confidently to your body shape and personality, dress appropriately for events, dress codes, nailing your all important first and lasting impression and so much more.
I’m happy to customise and tailor a workshop just for you.
Give me a call to starting planning a life changing event.
PS: So that you get great value and personalised attention, I keep the number of participants limited.
Bonus hint: workshops may be tax deductable.
Your investment: $220 per person for up to five hours. Includes a style booklet. Colour analysis and swatch is an optional cost.*
Ok, here’s the deal. I aim to make these interactive, fun and informative.
In a fun fact-packed-science-backed way (CHALLENGE: try saying that fast without getting tongue-tied!).
And in pub-talk…..you know, how you’d talk to your friend over a drink or two. As a former journo, translating rhetoric into plain English became a talent!
If that’s your style too, then I’m sure we’ll get along famously.
So let’s chat about how I can contribute to your event.
Always up for supporting those experiencing hardship, especially in our rural and regional communities (being a country lass myself).
Let’s chat about how I can help you make a positive difference.
*Travel costs may apply according to distance. Please refer to the Travel Policy in FAQ’s for more details.
- Jane BryantWhat’s my Style has empowered me to make confident fashion choices, has taught me when to use bold colours and how to pull it off so I’m not over the top. I’ve never been one for shopping, but that’s also changed, now I can spend ages looking at different colours and styles, I take my colour swatch with me so I can pick pieces in my signature colours. I used to dread trying clothes on, but now when I try clothes on I am choosing pieces I’ve learnt that will suit my shape and complexion; it has turned a horrible experience into something I enjoy immensely. My body confidence is at an all-time high, I feel wonderful, confident.
- Barbara StrachanI responded to the ‘What’s My Style’ makeover on impulse, thinking that I didn’t spend much time thinking about my clothes and could use some advice. Initially I felt apprehensive but soon felt more relaxed as Nicky went through the colour and style analysis with me. The process helped me to consider why certain outfits were my favourites and what styles I preferred and why. It was a relief to find out that some of my clothes were in the colour swatch that best suited me and I have discovered other colours that I now like wearing. I am feeling more confident in matching my outfits, especially adding accessories such as scarves and jewellery to add interest to my outfits.
- Wendy DavisI had the pleasure of being one of Nicky McMillan’s first clients when she started her new business `What’s My Style’. I found Nicky to be very professional and easy to talk to. Nicky didn’t rush me and explained everything to me. I was surprised how many wrong things I was wearing. My highlight was when I visited my Queensland relatives and I was greeted with “Wow you look fantastic. That blue (which I never used to wear) looks fantastic on you”. Nicky continues to follow me up with more ideas and suggested styles for and I find myself sending her photos to see what she thinks. She doesn’t mind and always agrees, or makes a suggestion. I highly recommend Nicky if you want to feel good and get comments like I am getting since I changed my wardrobe.
- Deb NorthWhat’s My Style has changed the way I feel about shopping and clothes. After spontaneously booking a style and colour consultation, I was educated in shapes, colours and contrasts that suit not just my body shape, but the many shades of my personality as well. The wardrobe consult is one of the best things I have ever done, freeing me of clothes that did nothing but undermine my confidence in myself. I only wish I had done it sooner. Thank you Nicky, What’s My Style has made such a difference to me.
- Dee, Anna, Anne and VickiNicky from What’s My Style has had a great influence on a group of friends here in the NSW Hunter Valley. When Nicky held a style and colour workshop for this group of ladies, we had no idea how it would change our total thinking on what to buy in clothes and colours. We all went to Tasmania for a week’s holiday which included a lot of shopping for clothes, shoes and accessories. With our colour swatches in our bags and each other to keep from buying clothing unsuitable, or colours that were not right, we all had the best shopping experience. With the knowledge Nicky gave us, we could confidently go into a shop and buy the right style and colour for us. One lady bought a mauve jacket, a colour she had never thought of wearing. She has worn it to numerous events and been complimented every time. Our shopping experience in Tasmania was so enjoyed by all thanks to Nicky’s inspiration of teaching us older women we can look great also wearing the right colours and style. We all had so much fun doing this knowing the clothes, shoes or accessories were right for us. This has made shopping so much easier and buying what you want, not what you think you need. A huge thankyou to Nicky for all her guidance, patience, expertise and inspiration. You have changed our lives and how we all feel about how we look. Get a group of friends together and experience the same confidence Nicky has given to all us.
- Sherylyne Moran, Thurgoona Community CentreNicky provided a wonderful workshop called “Body Love and Style” at the Thurgoona Community Centre which had a mixture of informatio
n and encouragem ent. It addressed ladies of all ages and helped the participan ts to appreciate their own unique style and embrace ideas to enhance their own happiness. It was interactiv e and relaxed with an atmosphere of mutual acceptance . Nicky’s knowledge, visual presentati on, and natural capacity to put people at ease allowed the group to enjoy the experience and take away valuable insights. Thanks so much for what you did Nicky. It was different to anything else we have every done. I love being part of new initiative s like this – it’s very exciting.
- Julianne Whyte, Founder and CEO of Amaranth Foundation, NSW RiverinaRecently, I spent an amazing few hours with Nicky in a professional capacity – but the day was one of the most inspiring and personally rewarding days I have spent. I have to be in Sydney for the award ceremony for the Order of Australia Medal – so was very anxious about first and last impressions. Usually my dress shops are rushed, purchases made in haste, generally doubting my decisions and not sure if what I had decided on (eventually) was right. Nicky knew where to go – she had checked out all the appropriate stores in Albury, and had a selection colours and styles – all choreographed and planned. No rush, no doubts – every selection had its reason and had a story. Nicky taught me about colour, style, pitfalls to avoid, body shapes that are complementary and instead of hating my tummy, my short legs, and other “bad” parts of me, I learnt how to embrace the body I have and dress to my shape and colour. Nicky shared her knowledge and expertise so generously – she is an inspiration and a wonderful friend.
- Jess Thomas, CorowaOh my goodness, what an amazing woman and experience!! The amount of time, thought and effort that Nicky put into my Personal Shopping trip was truly remarkable! Do yourself a favour & book this woman, you won’t regret one second!
- Rebecca O'Brien, founder of BRIE CorporateI chose to do a colour analysis to ensure the clothing I wear professionally and personally suit me and enhance my best features. I also have a plan to design a bespoke fabric that uses my best colours and have this made into garments for me to wear professionally to display how fantastic a custom fabric can look. Before my meeting with Nicky, I was excited and a little bit scared that all the clothes I have will be the wrong colour for me! But afterwards I felt relief that I was on the right track and surprised that I can actually wear some beautiful colours that I never felt I could. It was a great experience learning about my colour personality which I think matches me perfectly, creatively classic style. I would recommend doing a colour analysis to anyone. I think it has given me the confidence to wear clothes I didn’t feel I could previously and Nicky is fantastic.