Research also shows 93 per cent of how we’re initially perceived is unrelated to what we say.*
It’s actually how we present ourselves, in our appearance and behaviour.
Given we’ve got milliseconds to nail that first impression, it’s wise to make sure our non-verbals reflect us positively – personally, professionally and as a business owner.
This whole first impression stuff seems unfair I know. We’re just hard-wired that way!
I’ll help you to master it!
*Research by Dr Albert Mehrabian, University of California, LA.
You know those times when someone asks if you’re feeling ok?
“You look a little pale”….”You look tired”…..”You look like you need a break”….
Before you misinterpret it as code for “I look frightful”, there’s a chance it’s the unflattering colour(s) you’re wearing….that’s if you literally haven’t collapsed from exhaustion; then you definitely do need a nanna nap or that trip to the Maldives.
You see we each have a natural colour profile determined by genetics and the pigmentation in our skin, eyes and hair.
The wrong colours can highlight blemishes and wrinkles, dull our complexion, make us look larger or shorter…yep, are generally unflattering.
The right colours can make us look healthier, slimmer, taller, more vibrant, attractive and younger. Yeah, I’ll have that!
You can also communicate with colours to your advantage. Be it wanting to look more approachable. More feminine. More sophisticated. More creative. Whatever it is you want to be. Research shows between 62-90 per cent of interactions are influenced by colour alone*.
So what happens in a Colour Analysis? I identify your best colours so that you look and feel confident, awesome (and awake) at all times. This includes your: undertone (if you’re warm or cool); contrast levels (which hue shades and combinations best suit you); your signature colours (which make you and your features such as your eyes standout); and lots more.
Investment in yourself: $330 for up to three hours. Includes your personalised colour swatch and colour booklet with lots of tips. Consultation to take place in the comfort of your home.*
*Research by University of Winnipeg, Canada; `The Impact of Color on Marketing’
We’ve all seen them….those confident, and stylish, looking individuals who seem to have it together.
Guess what? You can be that person.
Genetics we can’t control. But how we dress and present ourselves with confidence and style….that we can.
By learning how to dress to our body shape, our proportions, personality and colours (addressed above). That’s exactly what happens during a Style Analysis and much more.
How do I know? Because I’ve been there as have my clients. Did I mention you also save a heap of time and money from knowing exactly what suits you and what to wear.
Investment in yourself: $350 over three to four hours. Includes a style book with your details and helpful tips and advice, and ongoing advice and support. Consultation to take place in the comfort of your home.*
VIRTUAL CONSULTS: Don’t live in my patch? No worries, we can do the long distance thing…..we’ll do the consult virtually. It’ll still feel as if I’m right by your side helping you wherever you are. Let’s talk more including time zones.
Did you know the average woman spends almost a year of her life figuring out what to wear?*
Are you one of many who stares in the wardrobe, wondering what the heck to wear? Or feel you have nothing to wear?
What about those clothes you love but know what to wear with them?
Do you walk out the door lacking confidence because of what you’re wearing?
Great news! I’ll help you sort your wardrobe dilemma so that you can dress with confidence each day, knowing you look and feel terrific.
So what’s involved? We’ll work out which clothes and accessories suit you and offload those that don’t. I then help you create outfits; if necessary, a shopping list of wardrobe priorities, and more.
The result is an orderly wardrobe that reflects your lifestyle needs.
Your investment: $320 for up to three hours. Consultation to take place in your home.**
CLICK HERE to book. Payment plans are available, contact Nicky to discuss.
*Source: Study by UK clothing retailer, Matalan
**Travel costs will apply according to distance. Please refer to the Travel Policy in FAQ’s for more details.
- Jane BryantWhat’s my Style has empowered me to make confident fashion choices, has taught me when to use bold colours and how to pull it off so I’m not over the top. I’ve never been one for shopping, but that’s also changed, now I can spend ages looking at different colours and styles, I take my colour swatch with me so I can pick pieces in my signature colours. I used to dread trying clothes on, but now when I try clothes on I am choosing pieces I’ve learnt that will suit my shape and complexion; it has turned a horrible experience into something I enjoy immensely. My body confidence is at an all-time high, I feel wonderful, confident.
- Barbara StrachanI responded to the ‘What’s My Style’ makeover on impulse, thinking that I didn’t spend much time thinking about my clothes and could use some advice. Initially I felt apprehensive but soon felt more relaxed as Nicky went through the colour and style analysis with me. The process helped me to consider why certain outfits were my favourites and what styles I preferred and why. It was a relief to find out that some of my clothes were in the colour swatch that best suited me and I have discovered other colours that I now like wearing. I am feeling more confident in matching my outfits, especially adding accessories such as scarves and jewellery to add interest to my outfits.
- Wendy DavisI had the pleasure of being one of Nicky McMillan’s first clients when she started her new business `What’s My Style’. I found Nicky to be very professional and easy to talk to. Nicky didn’t rush me and explained everything to me. I was surprised how many wrong things I was wearing. My highlight was when I visited my Queensland relatives and I was greeted with “Wow you look fantastic. That blue (which I never used to wear) looks fantastic on you”. Nicky continues to follow me up with more ideas and suggested styles for and I find myself sending her photos to see what she thinks. She doesn’t mind and always agrees, or makes a suggestion. I highly recommend Nicky if you want to feel good and get comments like I am getting since I changed my wardrobe.
- Deb NorthWhat’s My Style has changed the way I feel about shopping and clothes. After spontaneously booking a style and colour consultation, I was educated in shapes, colours and contrasts that suit not just my body shape, but the many shades of my personality as well. The wardrobe consult is one of the best things I have ever done, freeing me of clothes that did nothing but undermine my confidence in myself. I only wish I had done it sooner. Thank you Nicky, What’s My Style has made such a difference to me.
- Sherylyne Moran, Thurgoona Community CentreNicky provided a wonderful workshop called “Body Love and Style” at the Thurgoona Community Centre which had a mixture of information and encouragement. It addressed ladies of all ages and helped the participants to appreciate their own unique style and embrace ideas to enhance their own happiness. It was interactive and relaxed with an atmosphere of mutual acceptance. Nicky’s knowledge, visual presentation, and natural capacity to put people at ease allowed the group to enjoy the experience and take away valuable insights. Thanks so much for what you did Nicky. It was different to anything else we have every done. I love being part of new initiatives like this – it’s very exciting.
- Julianne Whyte, Founder and CEO of Amaranth Foundation, NSW RiverinaRecently, I spent an amazing few hours with Nicky in a professional capacity – but the day was one of the most inspiring and personally rewarding days I have spent. I have to be in Sydney for the award ceremony for the Order of Australia Medal – so was very anxious about first and last impressions. Usually my dress shops are rushed, purchases made in haste, generally doubting my decisions and not sure if what I had decided on (eventually) was right. Nicky knew where to go – she had checked out all the appropriate stores in Albury, and had a selection colours and styles – all choreographed and planned. No rush, no doubts – every selection had its reason and had a story. Nicky taught me about colour, style, pitfalls to avoid, body shapes that are complementary and instead of hating my tummy, my short legs, and other “bad” parts of me, I learnt how to embrace the body I have and dress to my shape and colour. Nicky shared her knowledge and expertise so generously – she is an inspiration and a wonderful friend.
- Dee, Anna, Vicki and AnneNicky from What’s My Style has had a great influence on a group of friends here in the NSW Hunter Valley. When Nicky held a style and colour workshop for this group of ladies, we had no idea how it would change our total thinking on what to buy in clothes and colours. We all went to Tasmania for a week’s holiday which included a lot of shopping for clothes, shoes and accessories. With our colour swatches in our bags and each other to keep from buying clothing unsuitable, or colours that were not right, we all had the best shopping experience. With the knowledge Nicky gave us, we could confidently go into a shop and buy the right style and colour for us. Our shopping experience in Tasmania was so enjoyed by all thanks to Nicky’s inspiration of teaching us older women we can look great also wearing the right colours and style. This has made shopping so much easier and buying what you want, not what you think you need. A huge thankyou to Nicky for all her guidance, patience, expertise and inspiration. You have changed our lives and how we all feel about how we look. Get a group of friends together and experience the same confidence Nicky has given to all us.
- Jess Thomas, CorowaOh my goodness, what an amazing woman and experience!! The amount of time, thought and effort that Nicky put into my Personal Shopping trip was truly remarkable! Do yourself a favour & book this woman, you won’t regret one second!
- Rebecca O'Brien, founder of BRIE CorporateI chose to do a colour analysis to ensure the clothing I wear professionally and personally suit me and enhance my best features. I also have a plan to design a bespoke fabric that uses my best colours and have this made into garments for me to wear professionally to display how fantastic a custom fabric can look. Before my meeting with Nicky, I was excited and a little bit scared that all the clothes I have will be the wrong colour for me! But afterwards I felt relief that I was on the right track and surprised that I can actually wear some beautiful colours that I never felt I could. It was a great experience learning about my colour personality which I think matches me perfectly, creatively classic style. I would recommend doing a colour analysis to anyone. I think it has given me the confidence to wear clothes I didn’t feel I could previously and Nicky is fantastic.