Um…so what exactly does an Image Consultant do?
I often get asked this, accompanied with blank stares, so I figured it needs some explaining.
Put simply, I help you nail your first and lasting impression in how you present yourself – through your appearance and how you communicate.
Ultimately boosting your confidence….oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention memorability!
You know….what you say, how you say it and what your body language is saying. Much of what we’re completely oblivious to (makes sense given there’s more than a million signals we send in body language alone!)
But not the preachy stuff – it’s all about accepting who you are and learning ways to help you be at your best whatever the occasion…..including us awkward introverts/ambiverts!
Much of how we communicate and behave is influenced by how we feel about our body. Here I work with you to determine and dress to your body shape, colours and so much more, building your self confidence along the way.
Confidence = Empowerment.
How do I know? Because I’ve been there. And I want to help others, like you, to be even more awesome.
Below are some of the services we offer.
Feeling and Looking Awesome
Communication Workshops for Business Owners & Staff
Communication Workshops for Professionals
Communication Workshops for Job Seekers
Go to www.nickymcmillan.com.au
Ready for action?
Learn what colours and styles flatter you. Imagine looking and feeling fabulous, as a result, all the time. You will also save money and time when shopping, knowing what suits you.
Increase the respect you deserve by presenting yourself confidently. Stand out as a leader and be noticed for your talents.
- Jane BryantWhat’s My Style has empowered me to make confident fashion choices, has taught me when to use bold colours and how to pull it off so I’m not over the top. I’ve never been one for shopping, but that’s also changed, now I can spend ages looking at different colours and styles, I take my colour swatch with me so I can pick pieces in my signature colours. I used to dread trying clothes on, but now when I try clothes on I am choosing pieces I’ve learnt that will suit my shape and complexion; it has turned a horrible experience into something I enjoy immensely. My body confidence is at an all-time high, I feel wonderful, confident.
- Barbara StrachanI responded to the ‘What’s My Style’ makeover on impulse, thinking that I didn’t spend much time thinking about my clothes and could use some advice. Initially I felt apprehensive but soon felt more relaxed as Nicky went through the colour and style analysis with me. The process helped me to consider why certain outfits were my favourites and what styles I preferred and why. It was a relief to find out that some of my clothes were in the colour swatch that best suited me and I have discovered other colours that I now like wearing. I am feeling more confident in matching my outfits, especially adding accessories such as scarves and jewellery to add interest to my outfits.
- Wendy DavisI had the pleasure of being one of Nicky McMillan’s first clients when she started her new business `What’s My Style’. I found Nicky to be very professional and easy to talk to. Nicky didn’t rush me and explained everything to me. I was surprised how many wrong things I was wearing. My highlight was when I visited my Queensland relatives and I was greeted with “Wow you look fantastic. That blue (which I never used to wear) looks fantastic on you”. Nicky continues to follow me up with more ideas and suggested styles for and I find myself sending her photos to see what she thinks. She doesn’t mind and always agrees, or makes a suggestion. I highly recommend Nicky if you want to feel good and get comments like I am getting since I changed my wardrobe.
- Deb NorthWhat’s My Style has changed the way I feel about shopping and clothes. After spontaneously booking a style and colour consultation, I was educated in shapes, colours and contrasts that suit not just my body shape, but the many shades of my personality as well. The wardrobe consult is one of the best things I have ever done, freeing me of clothes that did nothing but undermine my confidence in myself. I only wish I had done it sooner. Thank you Nicky, What’s My Style has made such a difference to me.
- Dee, Anna, Anne and VickiNicky from What’s My Style has had a great influence on a group of friends here in the NSW Hunter Valley. When Nicky held a style and colour workshop for this group of ladies, we had no idea how it would change our total thinking on what to buy in clothes and colours. We all went to Tasmania for a week’s holiday which included a lot of shopping for clothes, shoes and accessories. With our colour swatches in our bags and each other to keep from buying clothing unsuitable, or colours that were not right, we all had the best shopping experience. With the knowledge Nicky gave us, we could confidently go into a shop and buy the right style and colour for us. One lady bought a mauve jacket, a colour she had never thought of wearing. She has worn it to numerous events and been complimented every time. Our shopping experience in Tasmania was so enjoyed by all thanks to Nicky’s inspiration of teaching us older women we can look great also wearing the right colours and style. We all had so much fun doing this knowing the clothes, shoes or accessories were right for us. This has made shopping so much easier and buying what you want, not what you think you need. A huge thankyou to Nicky for all her guidance, patience, expertise and inspiration. You have changed our lives and how we all feel about how we look. Get a group of friends together and experience the same confidence Nicky has given to all us.
- Sherylyne Moran, Thurgoona Community CentreNicky provided a wonderful workshop called “Body Love and Style” at the Thurgoona Community Centre which had a mixture of information and encouragement. It addressed ladies of all ages and helped the participants to appreciate their own unique style and embrace ideas to enhance their own happiness. It was interactive and relaxed with an atmosphere of mutual acceptance. Nicky’s knowledge, visual presentation, and natural capacity to put people at ease allowed the group to enjoy the experience and take away valuable insights. Thanks so much for what you did Nicky. It was different to anything else we have every done. I love being part of new initiatives like this – it’s very exciting.
- Julianne Whyte, Founder and CEO of Amaranth Foundation, NSW RiverinaRecently, I spent an amazing few hours with Nicky in a professional capacity – but the day was one of the most inspiring and personally rewarding days I have spent. I have to be in Sydney for the award ceremony for the Order of Australia Medal – so was very anxious about first and last impressions. Usually my dress shops are rushed, purchases made in haste, generally doubting my decisions and not sure if what I had decided on (eventually) was right. Nicky knew where to go – she had checked out all the appropriate stores in Albury, and had a selection colours and styles – all choreographed and planned. No rush, no doubts – every selection had its reason and had a story. Nicky taught me about colour, style, pitfalls to avoid, body shapes that are complementary and instead of hating my tummy, my short legs, and other “bad” parts of me, I learnt how to embrace the body I have and dress to my shape and colour. Nicky shared her knowledge and expertise so generously – she is an inspiration and a wonderful friend.
- Jess Thomas, CorowaOh my goodness, what an amazing woman and experience!! The amount of time, thought and effort that Nicky put into my Personal Shopping trip was truly remarkable! Do yourself a favour & book this woman, you won’t regret one second!
- Rebecca O'Brien, founder of BRIE CorporateI chose to do a colour analysis to ensure the clothing I wear professionally and personally suit me and enhance my best features. I also have a plan to design a bespoke fabric that uses my best colours and have this made into garments for me to wear professionally to display how fantastic a custom fabric can look. Before my meeting with Nicky, I was excited and a little bit scared that all the clothes I have will be the wrong colour for me! But afterwards I felt relief that I was on the right track and surprised that I can actually wear some beautiful colours that I never felt I could. It was a great experience learning about my colour personality which I think matches me perfectly, creatively classic style. I would recommend doing a colour analysis to anyone. I think it has given me the confidence to wear clothes I didn’t feel I could previously and Nicky is fantastic.
Did you know our feet talk? Yep, seriously. Tune in where I share the code to follow at those work and social events. No more awkward moments when you unintentionally crash a conversation!
In light of the New Year, I thought I’d share a heart-warming conversation I recently had with my five-year-old daughter, Olive. We were driving to childcare the week before Christmas and Ollie was wearing her Wonder Woman t-shirt. She told me how she wished she too had super powers, with a sulky pout on her […]
Ever experience terrible service from a grumpy person serving you? It sucks, right? And it’s contagious, dragging us down with them. It happens a lot and let’s face it, some testy moments between the customer and shop attendant are inevitable during the Christmas chaos! But is it really the entire fault of the person serving […]