#IAmFabulous is a community initiative that supports people experiencing hardship and unemployment.
Our mission is to help build their self-confidence, self-worth and self-belief that diminishes in challenging times.
We’re not counsellors or psychologists. But we know helping someone to look and feel good, and ultimately fabulous about themselves, can have a positive and potentially life-changing impact.
To help reach this place, we show clients how to dress confidently with wardrobe help and personal shopping.
There’s a particularly emphasis on helping young job seekers in the Border/North-East Victoria region, equipping them with vital presentation and communication skills to boost their chances in landing their dream job.
We want to inspire them to aspire for a life bigger than they dare to.
Want to join us? We’d love to collaborate with you.
Call Nicky on 0439 438 500 or drop her a line at email@example.com.
We really look forward to meeting you!
Or are you someone who needs some help? Share your story below and we promise we’ll be in touch.
Are you struggling and need some help with your image and confidence? Tell me your story below.
Or is your organisation interested in joining forces to help improve lives? We’d love to hear from you and discuss how the #IAmFabulous program can make a difference.
- Jane BryantMy ‘What’s My Style consultation’ changed my life. It sounds extreme but it’s true. Before my consultation, I used to get the odd compliment about a top or necklace I was wearing. I am now receiving regular compliments on how well I look from friends and strangers. I’m told I look healthier and more vibrant. I have not lost any weight, it’s all in the way I wear my clothes and not the way my clothes wear me! My wardrobe has been edited and now I can quickly grab out an outfit, know how to accessorise it, do my hair and make-up to match the style I’m going for, all in a matter of minutes! I have given six bags of clothes not in my colours or styles to Goodwill, my wardrobe is streamlined and I have more space to hang pieces together in a way that makes sense. What’s My Style has empowered me to make confident fashion choices and taught me when to use bold colours and how to pull it off so I’m not over the top. I’ve never been one for shopping but that’s also changed. Now I can spend ages looking at different colours and styles. I take my colour swatch with me so I can pick pieces in my signature colours. I used to dread trying clothes on but now when I try clothes on, I am choosing pieces I’ve learnt that will suit my shape and complexion. It has turned a horrible experience into something I enjoy immensely. My body confidence is at an all-time high, I feel wonderful, confident and loving all the positive feedback I’m getting from friends and strangers. It has created a cycle of looking good equals feeling good which has had the most positive effect on my wellbeing. This experience has lifted so much stress I didn’t realise I had been living with. I can’t recommend What’s My Style enough.”
- Barbara StrachanI responded to the ‘What’s My Style’ makeover on impulse, thinking that I didn’t spend much time thinking about my clothes and could use some advice. Initially I felt apprehensive but soon felt more relaxed as Nicky went through the colour and style analysis with me. The process helped me to consider why certain outfits were my favourites and what styles I preferred and why. It was a relief to find out that some of my clothes were in the colour swatch that best suited me and I have discovered other colours that I now like wearing. I am feeling more confident in matching my outfits, especially adding accessories such as scarves and jewellery to add interest to my outfits.
- Wendy DavisI had the pleasure of being one of Nicky McMillan’s first clients when she started her new business `What’s My Style’. I found Nicky to be very professional and easy to talk to. Nicky didn’t rush me and explained everything to me. I was surprised how many wrong things I was wearing. My highlight was when I visited my Queensland relatives and I was greeted with “Wow you look fantastic. That blue (which I never used to wear) looks fantastic on you”. Nicky continues to follow me up with more ideas and suggested styles for and I find myself sending her photos to see what she thinks. She doesn’t mind and always agrees, or makes a suggestion. I highly recommend Nicky if you want to feel good and get comments like I am getting since I changed my wardrobe.
- Deb NorthWhat’s My Style has changed the way I feel about shopping and clothes. After spontaneously booking a style and colour consultation, I was educated in shapes, colours and contrasts that suit not just my body shape, but the many shades of my personality as well. The wardrobe consult is one of the best things I have ever done, freeing me of clothes that did nothing but undermine my confidence in myself. I only wish I had done it sooner. Thank you Nicky, What’s My Style has made such a difference to me.
- Dee, Anna, Anne and VickiNicky from What’s My Style has had a great influence on a group of friends here in the NSW Hunter Valley. When Nicky held a style and colour workshop for this group of ladies, we had no idea how it would change our total thinking on what to buy in clothes and colours. We all went to Tasmania for a week’s holiday which included a lot of shopping for clothes, shoes and accessories.Our shopping experience was so enjoyed by all thanks to Nicky’s inspiration of teaching us older women we can look great also wearing the right colours and style. This has made shopping so much easier and buying what you want, not what you think you need. A huge thankyou to Nicky for all her guidance, patience, expertise and inspiration. You have changed our lives and how we all feel about how we look. Get a group of friends together and experience the same confidence Nicky has given to all us.
- Julianne Whyte, Founder and CEO of Amaranth Foundation, NSW RiverinaRecently, I spent an amazing few hours with Nicky in a professional capacity – but the day was one of the most inspiring and personally rewarding days I have spent. I have to be in Sydney for the award ceremony for the Order of Australia Medal – so was very anxious about first and last impressions. Usually my dress shops are rushed, purchases made in haste, generally doubting my decisions and not sure if what I had decided on (eventually) was right. Nicky knew where to go – she had checked out all the appropriate stores in Albury, and had a selection colours and styles – all choreographed and planned. No rush, no doubts – every selection had its reason and had a story. Nicky taught me about colour, style, pitfalls to avoid, body shapes that are complementary and instead of hating my tummy, my short legs, and other “bad” parts of me, I learnt how to embrace the body I have and dress to my shape and colour. Nicky shared her knowledge and expertise so generously – she is an inspiration and a wonderful friend.
- Jess Thomas, CorowaOh my goodness, what an amazing woman and experience!! The amount of time, thought and effort that Nicky put into my Personal Shopping trip was truly remarkable! Do yourself a favour & book this woman, you won’t regret one second!
- Rebecca O'Brien, founder of BRIE CorporateI chose to do a colour analysis to ensure the clothing I wear professionally and personally suit me and enhance my best features. I also have a plan to design a bespoke fabric that uses my best colours and have this made into garments for me to wear professionally to display how fantastic a custom fabric can look. Before my meeting with Nicky, I was excited and a little bit scared that all the clothes I have will be the wrong colour for me! But afterwards I felt relief that I was on the right track and surprised that I can actually wear some beautiful colours that I never felt I could. It was a great experience learning about my colour personality which I think matches me perfectly, creatively classic style. I would recommend doing a colour analysis to anyone. I think it has given me the confidence to wear clothes I didn’t feel I could previously and Nicky is fantastic.